Wednesday, December 30, 2009

THANK YOU KAAREN!!

On Christmas Eve I found another surprise in my mail box. It was from Kaaren over at The Painted Quilt. At this point I was shaking. Kaaren has a wonderful creative talent she shares with all of us.

The card she sent was so her! She loves sheep. I was not surprised to find them on her Christmas card.
I was surprised and shocked to she what she sent me. I saw it on her blog and loved it. She designed it for her December FFF (First Friday Freebie). Yes, she sent me her Santa Stocking. I couldn't believe it. I still can't. When I opened it I just stared at it. My Family thought that something was wrong with me. It's beautiful. Her stitches are all so even and perfect. I love her fabric choices. I love this stocking. Thank you Kaaren.



There was still more in the bottom of the box all wrapped in foam. I took it out to find a Patriotic Santa painted on an old Coke bottle. It doesn't happen very often, but I was speechless again. It is absolutely beautiful and will be staying out all year. I am not sure where yet, but it will be displayed all year. Look at the detail. Love it! Thank you so much Kaaren I will treasure them always. Don't forget to go over and visit Kaaren on Friday for her next FFF. I can't wait.

Yesterday I had gift exchange with "my real life friends". I will be back soon with pictures of our gifts. Until then keep stitching!

Hugs,

Pat

11 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- what a cool way to recycle a coke bottle. A well deserved, beautiful package!

Lurline said...

Just love your Coke bottle Santa!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Dandelion Quilts said...

How precious is that! Wonderful. Something you will cherish forever.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful friend. I especially love the Santa Coke bottle

Lorraine said...

wow..wow...wow.....what a lucky duck you are...LOL.....I got as far as downloading the free pattern for the stocking...but that was as far as I got! and that coke bottle Santa...how cute..I love it......I have a couple of Jim Shore angels I bought which will be staying out all year as well....way too fab to put away!! Have a wonderful 2010....what a fab bunch quilters/stitchers/bloggers are.....!

May Britt said...

Unexected mailbox surprises is always so great to receive :)
Love the coke bottle santa.

May Britt said...

Just visited Karens blog and saw the wonderful "bag lady" you made for her. I wonder if you could tell me where to find the pattern for it because it is sooooo cute :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Lovely gift to receive in the post! Bet it made your day! :o)

Carrie P. said...

How sweet of Kaaren. That girl sure is talented. I love her stuff and I am looking forward to seeing the freebie this time.

Maggey and Jim said...

Wow!! Whom ever painted that santa did a marvelous job.. It is gorgeous.. I am a follower now and have your blog on my sidebar.. Love reading yours..
Maggey

Christine said...

Love the coke bottle Santa .. such a clever idea. The stocking is lovely too.