Friday, December 4, 2009

A Day With Stacy Nash

Our second day at Boxwood and Berries Gathering was spent with Stacy Nash. When we walked into the classroom at Country Sampler we each found a fabric covered box waiting for us. It was so pretty I didn't want to open mine. This is what I found inside.


Three projects. They were all neatly wrapped with lovely photos. We started on the sampler. When the sampler is completed it will be glued to the top of the box.Also included was a small pillow that could be used as a pincushion and two Christmas ornaments.



This is Stacy. She is a very quiet, soft spoken and a bit shy in front of a crowd. One on one she is as sweet as can be. Stacy and her mom had covered all the boxes for us to save some time. She explained how they did them and answered several questions. Next year Stacy is going to have you stitch your project before class so there will be time to do the finishing with her. Great idea!





This is the sampler completed. Isn't it lovely?






The Christmas ornaments.






This little pillow is so sweet.








Here you can see a few of the finished projects that Stacy had stitched and were for sale. She does beautiful work.








Stacy has a new book coming out soon. Projects for her new book were available to drool over. The first picture is of a sewing roll. Love this one. I got the wool and her fabric to make it.









The inside.











A Naughty or Nice Pinkeep Drum. I love the aged look of the berries on the top.














A sewing pouch. Front and back.






This is a little pinkeep or an ornament.



Stacy had a work in progress. I think that this might end up to be her project for our apron pocket.






Stacy again chatting away.



We met so very many lovely ladies at this gathering. Do you know who this one is????





We also made Boxwood Wreaths with Stacy. It was fun to try something new. I don't think that I will go into the business of making them though. The one I made still looks good after being squished and I mean squished in my suitcase. Next time I will tell you all about our day with Alma and Barb from Blackbird Designs. OMGosh!!! Until then keep stitching.




Pat

















12 comments:

Kaaren said...

I don't know how many times I've gone over your photos, Pat. I just love Stacey's designs and can't get enought of them.

I just can't imagine the fond memories you must have. I can't wait for the next installment.

Unknown said...

Pat...Pat...PAT!!! Oh what a day... Oh this would have been a dream to be able to attend someday... sooooo many wonderful and gorgeous things... I LOVE EVERYTHING... I say the same as Kaaren.. I camn keep on looking over and over again..:o) WOW!!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ok..Pat... My daughter Petra was signed in on my computer...sigh... so It was e who wrote the last comment...;o)

paulette said...

WOW! I LOVED spending the day at your workshop!! Such lovely things!!! We sure had fun!
Take care!
Paulette

Thimbleanna said...

Gosh, it looks like you had so much fun! I love your little sampler. Can't wait for the next installment....

Karen said...

I'm drooling over what was in your boxes. What a nice presentation of the projects you were to work on.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I wouldn't want to open it either, it was too perfect. What neat little kits. I bet you were so excited and just knew you were going to have a wonderful time. I am so excited for you.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a really fun day, Pat! Lucky you to be able to attend. Thanks for sharing your pretty photos so we could experience the fun vicariously.

Diana said...

I enjoyed seeing your finished projects! I was at the class,too, but I don't have any of my projects done. Hopefully I will get to them after Christmas.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very useful idea

julieQ said...

What wonderful packaging to start with, then each stitchery is prettier than the next!

~Marica~ said...

What a wonderful thing I see in this post..I love to see what you and your friend done :)

Take care!