Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Day With Barb and Alma...fun,fun,fun!

In my last post I asked if anyone knew the lovely lady in the picture. No, it wasn't me! That was Carrie Nelson from Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. She took classes with us at Country Sampler . She is just as sweet as sweet can be. Love her patterns too!


On to our day with the Blackbird Design girls. This was my favorite day of the Gathering. Barb and Alma were so nice ......and funny! They kept us laughing most of the day. You can tell that they are great friends as well as great designers. They played off , teased and told stories on each other. They even laughed at each other.



This is Barb.




This is Alma.




This is the fabric, Worn and Loved II by Jeanne Horton from Country Sampler that was in our kit for a beautiful table runner.






The runner was very long and lovely. It was difficult to get a picture of the whole runner with everyone admiring it. I took some pictures in sections.




























Alma also suggested using the runner across the foot of your bed or across the pillows. I loved that idea.





From the scraps left over from the runner Alma made this pincushion. I love that button! She also gave some hints on machine applique with hexagons and everyone got to use HER

machine to try them out.












Here is the pocket that they designed for our aprons.











If you read their blog, this is the box that Alma did a tutorial on. I love it and I am going to make some.














She photo copied fabric for the inside of the box and the lid. The outside is fabric.































Next are pictures of their trunk show. These are only a few pictures of the beautiful pieces that they brought along.


















































I love this quilt. I had to go and buy the book right after the show!



































































Another favorite.




















Beautiful!!!
























OMGosh!!!
























If only I had more time!!!







































































Someday....love it!!





























I have the pattern for this project and all the supplies in my closet. I had forgotten all about it.
































This years ornament in the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Book.































I am going to stitch this one.






























I bought the supplies to stitch this pattern too!










































Here they all are in one picture. We were so lucky to be able to attend this Gathering with such fantastic people. I am sure that we will attend another Gathering one year.












Early Sunday morning we were back on the road with "Carmen" heading back to the Madison Airport.






What a great time we had. Next time we will stay a couple more days and see some of the beautiful state of Wisconsin and their quilt shops! I will be back soon with some of the goodies I bought. Until then keep stitching.



Pat












































































12 comments:

paulette said...

WOW! That was incredible! Thanks for taking me along for the ride! I loved every moment of it! Did you finish the runner? If so please post the finished pictures of it- just gorgeous! Take care!
Paulette

blushing rose said...

Awesome! Gorgeous creations.

~ Please follow/read me on our new blog now ~
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas ~
TTFN ~Marydon

Carol said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an amazing time!

Kaaren said...

Sigh. I thought that by now I had seen it all but I guess I was wrong. I love their designs and creations.

Thanks for sharing this little glimpse of your fantastic time in Wisconsin.

Now I can't wait to see your purchases!

Unknown said...

Please give me the name of the blackbird design book that has the quilt with the house pumpkin and stars. It is to die for. Thank you for sharing all the pictures with me.
thank you Katie

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh Pat... Im stunned of all the wonderful things you have seen and have had the privilege to attend this wonderful Gathering... Everything is WONDERFUL!!!!
I know.. I would have sighed and sighed.. all day and not being able to take one stitch at this class.. how about you??? Is there some progress...:o)

Melanie said...

What a thrill!!! Completely jealous... I know this is something you'll never forget.... their fabric lines are about my favorites....

Dandelion Quilts said...

It just seems like quite an inspiring time you had. I really like the idea of the runner across the foot of the bed, thanks for sharing that. Looks like you gained lots of project ideas....can't wait to see your work.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow, looks like it was a fantastic day! I love the peeks of the table runner. Do you have yours done yet? ;-)

Carrie P. said...

Wow, how lucky you were to get to hang out with these talented ladies. I am so jealous. I just love that cardinal cross stitch picture.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Thank you for a wonderful look at what you saw. I have their book. What talent. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am wanting to know if you could give me the info about the black cat on the top of the house stitchery- i just want to know where i could get that pattern. Thanks anne my email address is anmarie545@gmail.com