Saturday, May 7, 2011

Look What is Out Now!

Last week while looking at a magazine I saw an advertisement for the Spring/Summer issue of Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler. Love this magazine. I think that I have every issue. One of the shops listed was in Henniker, NH. Since we were going that way last week we decided to check out a new (to us) quilt shop. The magazine is nice but not as nice as some issues in the past. Maybe because there was not a real primitive shop this time around.

What a find. Quilted Threads is a beautiful shop in an old remodeled building. No pictures were allowed inside the shop. As you walk in you are in heaven. They had Japanese fabric in the first room. OMG!! I have never seen fabric that beautiful. I could have bought a ton of it. At $30.00 a yard I decided to wait until I knew what I was going to use it for. This is a picture from the magazine. That little porch is where all the Japanese fabric is.


This is the sign in front of the building. In a quaint little New England town.




Here is their quilt that is in Quilt Sampler. Beautiful! I touched it when no one was looking. It is made out of the Japanese fabrics. Kits are available and very reasonable.






This was my purchase. I think that I am going to make a pillow with this fabric.






If are lucky enough to live in the Henniker area you probably already know this shop. If you are in the area it is well worth a stop. The shop is clean and bright. The owner is lovely and her helpers were funny and knowledgeable. I know that my friends and I will be taking a day trip back to visit Quilted Threads, maybe in the Fall. I will be back soon to share our venture to the Celebration of Needleworks. Until then...


Hugs and Stitches,


Pat








2 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

slasiOh so fun to have visited one of the featured shops in Quilt Sampler..:O)) I have ordered the magazine.. so im waiting for it to arrive ..maybe next week...:O)
Happy to see it out .. Love it too;o)
Hope you had a great time on your trip with your friends!

Stina Blomgren said...

Parden the slasi word... dont know how the word verification got there..;o)) Probably me..;O)