Friday, May 13, 2011

I Saw A Moose....BUT

It wasn't the one I really wanted to see. It was a bit smaller than I had hoped, but it was really, really cute. Our three and a half hour drive to NH was almost as horrid this year as last years trip. This year we had RAIN and I mean RAIN. Rain we did not need. Lake Champlain is well over flood level as you will see in the following pictures.




Usually when we drive on the ferry it is straight on. This year we drove straight up and on. We drove through water before we even got to the ramp.





The pictures are a bit blurry from the rain. You can see the water almost to the road.







Here it is over the road.




Both NY and VT states had traffic safety cones out and the roads were being checked frequently. During the weekend the roads were even closed at times for safety reasons.

Aside from the ride over to NH we had a wonderful time. The part of NH that we visited is South of us and there for they are about three weeks ahead of us. The temps were in the 70's and sunny. We even sat in the courtyard and stitched one afternoon before dinner.




The rest of this post is quite picture heavy with my purchases.


First is a design and basket from Olde Colonial Designs.












Some accessories to go along with the basket.























An Acorn Pincushion from Just Another Button Company. I love acorns! Why? Hmm... maybe my friends would say I am a little squirrely at times!
















An old weaving shuttle and pattern to fit inside.






Another pattern and frame to fit.

















A hodgepodge of patterns.






More patterns.

































This is a book by Maggie Bonanomi. I took this class from Maggie a couple of years ago at Country Sampler in Spring Green WI. I bought the book for a reference when I get around to work on my book of days. (maybe in a few years) It is a beautiful project and I really do hope to finish it.



















Some fabric... just because!














More needfuls.






Some vintage lace and vintage buttons. See the acorn button. I love it.









Last but not least is floss that I needed for the new patterns I bought.







We all had a wonderful time. Tons of laughs. Lots of new projects to keep us busy.




Even with the horrible weather , being pinned in the elevator with all our luggage and abandoned by a friend (who just had to go to the bathroom)!!! We are planning our next adventure to the 2012 Celebration of Needlework. I wish you could all join us. Have a great weekend. More rain is predicted for here thru Monday.




Hugs and Stitches,




Pat






































3 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Pat!
I have just seen that you have a link to my blog on your blog list and I just wanted to say THANKS!!!!!!! I so appreciate that :) Happy stitching :)

prevost valérie said...

Hi Pat, I'm Valérie from France. I love Acorn pincushion. I'd like to know where you bought (it)? In advance thank you very much. prevostva@wanadoo.fr

fru heidis puslerier said...

Hey!

I was sooo exited when I saw all your patterns for the different sticherys .... can I ask where You have got them from

I must say, Your work is just amazing.