Monday, November 26, 2007

Works In Progress

I have been working on a few things for my friends and family for Christmas. I can't show everything because I am not sure if they have found out about my blog yet. I feel like an undercover agent-having to be careful of what I say and sneaking away to blog. First this pillow is for my granddaughter. I just love the fabrics which are by Buggy Barn. I’m pretty sure she will love it too.








I have never attempted machine applique before, but there is a first time for everything and I'm going to try it on this project. Wish me luck! I am going to use invisible thread and one of the million stitches I have to choose from. Does anyone have advice? Jump in here whenever- I would appreciate it!





The next project is a little stitchery that I just love and is so fitting for most of my friends. The pattern was on the back of a cross stitch book from several years back. I think it may have been" Sisters And Best Friends" but I am not sure. As you can see I still have to frame them. I will post a picture after. The frame is cute.











The next project is a pattern from a Nancy Halvorsen book Santa's Coming. These are" just in case gifts." -Just in case I have forgotten someone or someone unexpected stops by during the holidays.







I think that this is enough for now, and I really must get back to my other stitching. I am also trying to decorate our home for Christmas tonight. I hope to have it all done by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.


I still have room for one more in the PIF if anyone is interested.


I will chat later.


Pat












7 comments:

CONNIE W said...

I tried machine applique once with less than satisfactory results. It looked easier than I found it to be. Since then haven't done any practicing so until I do it's unlikely that I'll attempt a project. I was using the blanket stitch at the time. The time saved over hand applique would be worth the effort to learn however. All the things in your photos are cool.

Melanie said...

Love the projects.... my kind of fabrics.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I have only done hand applique and I do not feel very comfortable doing it. I still need a lot of practice. You have many projects going on, looking good. Happy stitching!

Darlene said...

I don't do machine applique either but yours is stunning! Lots of great eye candy here!

Lynn said...

Looks like you are a busy little bee right now, and I know how it feels, I have been making gifts and cards too for family and friends, but I am almost done.
Can't wait to see your finished stitchery in the frames :)

Solstitches said...

The pillow for your granddaughter is adorable Pat! She will be so happy with it.
Your little stitcheries are so cute and the small stitched pillow is gorgeous - makes me want to be the unexpected guest LOL.

Texan said...

Your pillows are so nice! You do a great job with your letters :O)...do you use a pattern to cut your letters out, they are so well done...