Monday, March 8, 2010

My First Dye Job

I am so ready for Spring. I stitched up this cute little cross stitch in no time. When it was finished I thought that the colors were a bit bright for my taste sooooo I got out my walnut crystals and went to work. Note to self...you don't need very many crystals to achieve an aged look. Another note to self.... DO NOT leave unattended in the oven! It dried in a 200 degree oven very quickly. Unfortunately I did not take a picture before I started. I am very happy with the way it turned out. The pattern is a free e-pattern from Primitive Stitchin' by Shelly Auen. It is all framed and ready to be set out very soon I hope. I left some of the stitches out and left threads hanging as Shelly suggested to also make it look aged.





I have finished the first block of Settler's Pride by Maggie Bonanomi. This block worked up quickly too. I am very proud. I am only three blocks behind.




I am trying to find my next project. Which will it be? A project from this book by The Cricket Collection or




this new pattern from Country Stitches. Decisions decisions.





I will be back soon to show you some progress. Until then...


Hugs and Stitches


Pat





14 comments:

Karen said...

I have never heard of walnut crystals. Where do you purchase them?

Stina Blomgren said...

Love your little new x stitch... and oven I have tried.. phheew.. have burned a lot of things in there... lol.. but not used walnut crystals... it is fun!! :o)
Havent seen that book before.. looks interesting.. and the pattern... thats love..:o)
Have fun!!

Carol said...

Your spring stitchery is soooooo cute! Love the aging! Your Settler's Pride is just out of this world!

Kaaren said...

You did a great job, Pat. I just love your stitched piece, especially in that frame. It's perfect!

Thanks for the link to the Country Stitches website. Looks like I'll be placing an order in the near future.

Love your wool block!

Dandelion Quilts said...

You've been a busy little stitcher! :) Great job.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Pat! That Cricket Collection pattern sure brings back memories -- I have some of their old patterns from years ago around here somewhere!

julieQ said...

I think your dye job turned out great!! Very cute stitchery.

Anonymous said...

It's great!!.............................................

Sharon said...

Your dye job came out great!

Carrie P. said...

Very cute stitchery. I have not heard of the walnut crystals but I like the look. The heart is going to be very sweet when you get it done.

Judy S. said...

What an interesting effect! Wherever does one find walnut crystals?

Behind My Picket Fence said...

OMG, I love your stitcheries! What are walnut crystals? It sounds like something I need to own. Could you email me or comment again on my blog? I'd love to know more about it. (going in for a dye job myself tomorrow.........)

Beertje Zonn said...

Lovely embroidery and block!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn
Bear from the Netherlands

Beertje Zonn said...

Lovely your spring stitchery!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn
Bear from the Netherlands