Saturday, June 27, 2009

Off To The Vermont Quilt Show

Last Friday Debbie, Karrie (no blog) and I went to the Vermont Quilt Show. Last time I posted about going to Vermont via ferry some of you wanted to see pictures of the ferry. In this picture we are boarding the ferry. Here we are being directed as to where to park. On this ferry there are four lanes to park in. Trucks and larger vehicles are parked in the center of the ferry. (so we don't tip over)!

There are three ferries that run most of the year. This is another ferry that we pass .

This ferry is leaving the Vermont side of Lake Champlain as we are pulling into dock from NY.


We had a great time at the show. There were so many beautiful quilts this year. We started off with this exhibit.




These quilts were beautiful. You felt like you were looking out a window at a real scene. I wanted to make a snowball while looking at this one!!

















Here are a few of my favorites.











Loved this one!



And this one!











I don't think I saw one that I didn't like.















This quilt was covered in beads too. Not my taste, but beautiful!


I love wonky houses and trees. They were both in the same quilt. Love this one.




This one was lovely too.



There were vendors everywhere. I will be back to show you some of my goodies. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. This is high school graduation weekend here in my town. I hope that everyone has a safe and healthy time. I will chat soon.
Pat














8 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW those wer some beautiful quilts!!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Pat -- those quilts are gorgeous. it looks like you had a great time!

Kaaren said...

I was there too, Pat. And we took the ferry across this time as well. We were just a little concerned when we saw the 18 wheeler embarking.

I went to the awards ceremony on Thursday night, shopped from 7:30-9:30 p.m. and shopped and viewed the quilts all day Friday. Went to Yankee Pride on Friday evening and we couldn't move, but everyone was being served. We left there just before a bus load stopped by. On Saturday morning I went to Joann's and then we made our leisurely way home.

And I forgot my camera!

julieQ said...

Wow, how fun to get to go to the quilt virtually! I have the redwork basket pattern, and have planned to do it...someday, someday!! Glad you got to go.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilts, those thread painted one's just blew me away. They look like they have been done with a paint brush.

Anne said...

Wow, such great inspiration! Thanks for the show!

Carrie P. said...

Great quilts. My favorite is the bee hive one.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love that bee quilt...how cool.