Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Special Day And A Finish

OMGosh yesterday was such a special day. I went to my stitching group but I was glued to the TV. Watching the inauguration festivities. I don't think that I even got my stitching out. It was a day filled with hope for so many of us of a brighter future. Good luck President Obama....you certainly have your work cut out for you. We are behind your and are ready for the change you promised. I think that it is wonderful to see a young and loving family in Washington again. God bless the USA!
Now on to other business. I made the BOM Seasons from The Country Loft for a friend for Christmas. I finished it at the very last minute (as usual). I didn't even take pictures of it. So I borrow some from my friends blog. I have one for me almost finished too. I love it. Here are the borrowed pictures of it.

I have to finish the stitchery on the bird block and the words for the fall section of my quilt. I put two borders on my friends quilt instead of the scrappy homespun. I am not sure how I am going to finish mine yet. I am off to do some much needed cleaning today after my very loooong weekend. I will chat soon.

Pat

16 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

I love love this quilt...and you made one for yourself too... same colours or?? Amazing.. you are a very talented lady!! :o)

Lurline said...

Yes, I hope President Obama leads your wonderful country forward - with the attitude of the people, I'm sure he will! You all have my very best wishes!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Kim said...

I really must get back into my stitchery... I need something to do that is calming. Your quilt is wonderful!

Karen said...

The festivities were something to behold. So many people were crowded into that area to experience the inauguration.
Good that you got to photograph the gift quilt that you gave away. Not only for your own records but for us to enjoy.

Love to Applique said...

I love it,and I will take very good care of mine. Hugs Debbie

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW what a nice gift. And I'm impressed you've made TWO?? WOW. I'm still working on one.

Unknown said...

Love the quilt Pat such warm and cozy colours.

Lilly said...

What a pretty quilt. Your friend must be very pleased. About your comment on the election..from your mouth to Gods ear. I am so hoping that our new president is able to do all that he has planned and is sucessful in leading us out of our problems. TTFN...........Lilly

Dandelion Quilts said...

Wow...look at all of that handiwork. Pat, it looks like you spent alot of time on this. So warm and cozy looking, I just love it. I watched all of the festivities too, very uniting.

Unknown said...

Your borrowed photos look very nice , well done .
Clares Craftroom

Solstitches said...

I already admired the quilt on Debbie's blog but it's definitely worth a second look. You did a great job Pat - love it!

Jantine said...

This is lovely, I am looking forward to see how yours is going to get finished... So I will come round every now and then ;-)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow, you made two! That's a lot of stitchery -- very, very pretty!

deb said...

YOu have inspired me to work on mine, it turned out so nice!!!

Darlene said...

I missed this post - it's finished. WooHoo!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt is just amazing Pat...