Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Have Been A VBG!!!

At the end of May I received a Thank You gift from Stina in Sweden. I sent her a thank you right away but I never posted about it. Soooooooo I am going to fix that right now! She sent a beautifully wrapped gift along with the best chocolate that I have ever tasted. I Have tasted a LOT of chocolate in my day. Along with that there was a beautiful card and a note written by Stina.









When I opened the package there was a beautiful Couch Cushion with my name on it. Stitched in pinks and greens. I love it! The pattern is by Leanne Beasley. The stitchery pattern was taken from another book. I am sorry but I have forgotten who it is by. Remember I was a VBG!!






Here it is all packed and ready to go. Stina I am so sorry that I have not posted your beautiful handwork before now. It gets a lot of use and I love it. Again thanks so much.


On July 7 th I mailed Stina a thank you package. To date it has not arrived in Sweden. I spoke with the USPS again this morning and they seem to think that the package MAY be in Israel. Now how do you suppose that happened??? You also have to wait seventeen working days from the time that the package was reported missing to get any information on it. Other than it left the US on the 9th of July. That will be sometime in the middle of August. Next time I may try UPS. (I will keep checking on it Stina).


Today I went to see Momma Mia. If you haven't seen it, you have to go. I loved it. I have been singing and dancing since I left the theater. On the way to the car my sister and Debbie would not even walk with me. It probably wasn't very pretty! I will chat soon.


Hugs,

Pat

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How upsetting that your parcel has gone astray, I do hope they manage to find it and redirect it. What a gorgeous parcel you received from Stina, she really is an angel.

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh ...it looks so pretty with the scissors and thread ...:o) ...need to make myself one... ;o)
And that parcel...I´ve been waiting for ages... and when you said it had gone to Israel... *LOL* couldn´t believe it... keep my fingers crossed every day...
I´m sooo glad you liked my little gift...

Melanie said...

I have this pattern, oh but to have the creativity of Stina....Lovely fabrics and stitching.

Solstitches said...

Pat you lucky girl! What a gorgeous gift you have received from Stina. I love the way it is personalized.
I hope you package turns up safe and sound. I just hate to think of anything going missing!

Lilly said...

Stina is so talented. She does beautiful work. Hope your package to her arrives safely.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad when a package doesn't reach its destination! I hope it gets resolved soon.

Very nice couch companion! Stina does fabulous work :o)

Leanne said...

I have one of Stina's lovely couch companions they are very special.....lost post is s real pain hopefully it will turn up.

Kim said...

Never too late to say thank you. :) Stina has some delightful handwork taking up residence in more and more happy homes. If you have a tracer on your USPS package it should be redirected and arrive to Stina by the end of August. I have to say, I have had excellent luck with mailing packages from the US, if there is a glitch it seems to occur once the package has flown out of the US. Will look forward to hearing that it arrived.

julieQ said...

What a wonderful gift! Personalized! I really like the table runner in your previous post, too.

Carin said...

I hope it finds its way from Israel.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Pat, I saw what you did for Stina, that was so sweet and she might still receive the package. She is one talented lady.
Thank you for coming by, I saved you on my blog list. You do beautiful work.
Hugs,
Bonnie

Arlette said...

Your couch cushion is just beautiful. I especially love the embroidery detail on it. Stina did a fabulous job. Take care.
Aloha!