Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pincushions, Pincushions,Pincushions!

Several of you have been posting pictures of your pincushions. I have a few I would like to show. I can't pick a favorite as I love them all. Some I made, some were made for me and some I purchased.






The Lady Bug was given to me last Christmas as a gift from my friend Debbie( applique) D. no blog. She does beautiful work!!! I love lady bugs. Here is a picture of it opened. She did the cross stitch and made the little pincushion inside. The cross stitch is a needle holder.






Carey, while cleaning found three copies of The Pincushion book by Lynette Anderson. Carey is having a give away of all three of the books. Visit both of them to enter in the giveaway.


Because no one can have too many pincushions ...



I want to make this one In the Spring issue of Quilts and More. It is by designer Anna Maria Horner. I was unable to get her fabric locally, but I was able to get this fun fabric at my LQS. I hope everyone has a great day. Will chat soon.

Pat





4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely colletcion of pincushions, I adore your ladybug, too cute.

Leanne said...

That lady bird is amazing even before you showed the second picture it caught my eye in the first pic. Looking forward to seeing the new one complete.

Kim said...

The pincushion in the tin is a great idea and the one with the spool of thread would be perfect for a hand quilter.

Anonymous said...

Such a great assortment of pincushions. I am ashamed to admit it, but I only have 1. A good ole strawberry straight from a basic sewing store. I keep a lot of my pins in containers by type.