Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hello Everyone! I'm Back!

It is so good to be back in blogland! My sister is doing great. She has been through her first round of chemo with very few side effects. She is back at work full days. She is back to her "normal " self. "Normal" is not a word that I usually use to describe my sister. In my family I am not sure what normal is!! We both want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words. We both appreciated them very much. Positive thoughts are so powerful. I can not say thank you enough. Her next round of chemo starts the 25th of January and this time it should be even easier on her. She will be finished her therapy in June hopefully.



The last few days I have caught up on some blog reading, answering e-mails, running errands and catching up on some much needed house cleaning and laundry. I have even had some time to do a bit of stitching. One of the projects that I am working on, was to be and still is, a Christmas gift for last year. My friend Colleen and I have not exchanged our gifts yet. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be ready. She is very organized. She was probably ready to exchange last July! She is also very understanding.



I have ordered some fabric, patterns and supplies to start some new projects for this year. I have also decided on gifts for my PIF. I hope that Julia from http://scraphappyquilter.blogspot.com/ and Lynn from http://therosecottage.blogspot.com/ don't think that I have forgotten them.



It has been snowing here for two days. We had about 12" this morning and it had been snowing all day. The children were happy, they had a snow day! Because of snowy weather I am unable to take pictures. Hopefully tomorrow. I can't wait to share what I have been working on and my new purchases. Hope everyone is having a great day! I will chat later.


Hugs,

Pat

7 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome back to sharing life with your quilting friends!

Julia said...

I am so glad to hear that your Sis is doing well. I will continue to keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers.
I can't wait to see what you have been working on.
I wasn't worried about my Pay it Forward, I knew that you had a lot going on in your life right now.
Glad that you are back.

Unknown said...

That's great news Pat, and so glad you're back with us, blogging. Look forward to seeing your photo's.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are back! Glad to hear that your sister is doing well. Looking forward to seeing your work! Have a wonderful weekend.

Angie said...

Such great news, pat! I got some myself . . .all clear!!

Have a great weekend!

Solstitches said...

So good to read such an upbeat and positive post about your dear sister.
I have thought about both of you a lot and am happy for the good news.

Margaret

Darlene said...

Welcome back - nice to 'see' you! Remember to take care of you, too. :-)